Results from Monday's Meeting
Administrative Actions (Not requiring a vote)
1. The league will not be printing books with rule books and schedules this season since all the material is available on the website. The league will only print the necessary amount of score sheets for distribution.
2. In order to look into the possibility of changing the league dues to a flat-rate, the league will keep data on players this season in order to propose changing to a flat-rate system in the future.
3. We will also collect data about pins in order to weigh the league's options about moving to a mile-stone format in the future.
League Rule Votes:
1. Division Representatives
This rule was proposed that would add additional league officials who would be responsible for running each division within the framework of the league. They could organize captains meetings to address issues that affect only their division.
2. Monthly Tournaments
A rule was proposed that would increase the number of league sanctioned tournaments from Winter Season Mid-season and Banquet and Summer Season Mid-season and Banquet. The rule has 4 parts that would need to be voted on/discussed further:
(1) Only bars who normally do not hold regular tournaments would be eligible;
(2) The league would provide a flat-rate addition to the tournament (100,000W was the number discussed at the meeting)
(3) A bar would only be eligible to hold a tournament once in a rotation.
(4) Non-SIDL members would be allowed to play but would have to pay double the entry fee.
The point of this rule is to give the smaller bars a chance to hold tournaments since they are essentially unable to hold Mid-seasons and the Banquets. They are a vital part of the league but don't get a chance to receive all the benefits of being a part of the league. It also provides more tournaments for members to participate in.
B Division Only Vote
1. B-Division team captains will need to vote a proposed leg addition to the format. The proposal was to add additional team-game legs.
C-D Division Votes
1. C-D team captains will need to (individually) vote on a whether they would like to keep the win-loss format (we did this past season) or change back to the old format of season winner decided by legs only.
Voting for these proposals will be Monday, January 19 at 7:00 at Dillingers. There is no minimum number of votes that must be recorded for rules to pass, so if you would like your voice(vote) to count, make sure you make arrangements for Monday.